AMY ELIZABETH BENNETT
515 West 110th Street, #1B | New York, NY 10025
(212) 932-9168 | c: (917) 548-9717
Multimedia producer with experience managing production teams,
producing short and long-form video, script writing, storytelling and copyediting.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X, Media Compressor, Lightroom; WordPress and other blogging platforms and company-specific Content Management Systems. Immersed in social media; familiar with Flash, HTML and SEO.
CIGNA, Producer March 2014 – Present
- Primary liaison with Cigna Creative Communications team and production company Element, to produce and complete a series of B2C, B2B and pre-roll videos for Cigna’s Go You campaign: http://www.goyou.cigna.com
UNICEF, Communications Consultant March 2011 – February 2012
- Developed communications strategies and social media outreach for the Children’s Rights and Business Principles, an initiative developed by UNICEF and others.
- Supported the Strategic Partnership Unit with communications materials, case studies and Web stories.
LLNS Lyonheart, Interactive Quality Control Officer May 2010 – March 2011
- Executed quality control on all multimedia content for use online, in interactive presentation software and in e-mail.
- Documented design and functionality changes during build process.
- Produced and edited videos for presentations to clients and the public.
Vidicom, Production Manager January 2010 – March 2010
- Re-organized this multimedia marketing company’s production department by hiring new staff, implementing better scheduling procedures, and improving communication between departments.
- Executive producer for New York Spring Fashion Week coverage; managed 17 shoots to deliver produced video pieces and B-roll for 8 clients to national, local and web-based broadcast outlets.
- Scheduled shoots, booked crews, produced segments, scripted and tracked video pieces while remaining within a strict budget.
UNICEF, Assignment Editor and Producer 2006 – 2010
- Assigned and managed local/international production of at least 20 Web stories and video packages per week for online distribution. Managed production staff of eight
- Organized and streamlined story production for UNICEF.org (90 million page views per month)
- Improved quality control for incoming video; supervised video editing and distribution to internal UNIFEED distribution system, The Newsmarket (direct to broadcasters), social media platforms and homepage.
- Produced video packages, wrote scripts and Web text, and copy edited Web stories as needed
IAG Research (Nielsen IAG), Associate Managing Editor 2005 – 2006
- Managed roughly 120 writers and editors during live nightly production of IAG’s primetime television surveys and metrics
- Conducted final edit on survey product
- Trained writers and editors and oversaw all aspects of their workflow
- CBS News Foreign Desk /Associate Producer January 1997-December 1997
- CBS Evening News /Assistant to Dan Rather September 1994-January 1997
Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs, New York
Master of International Affairs (May 2000) Focus: International Media and Communications
Pepperdine University, Malibu CA
Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs, English minor (1991) Completed overseas summer programs in Florence, Italy, 1989 and 1990